Sarah Williams has a broad practice in all areas of chambers’ work.
She has been instructed on matters ranging from domestic construction disputes and lower value commercial claims through to instruction as part of the counsel team in multi-million pound litigation in the TCC and arbitration proceedings.
Sarah has represented her clients in multiple court hearings in London and the regions, often on repeat instruction, both in the County Court and High Court, and in all three tracks. These have included trials, adjudication enforcement, CMCs, and other interim hearings.
- Cambridgeshire County Council v BAM Nuttall Limited TCC litigation in respect of the design and construction of a guided busway in Cambridgeshire (with Stephen Furst Q.C. and Piers Stansfield Q.C.) dispute arising from and NEC contract.
- Instructed by an Indian contractor in relation to a variations and delay dispute arising out of a major construction project near Doha in Qatar.
- Instructed on behalf of an Italian contractor in relation to an onshore drilling services dispute in Kazakhstan.
- Instructed by the shipbuilder in a variations claim against the purchaser of a megayacht (with David Bailey Q.C. and Jessica Stephens)
- Instructed by the Ministry of Defence as part of the counsel team in a multi-million pound arbitration relating to marine and terrestrial construction disputes (with Sarah Hannaford Q.C. and Piers Stansfield).
- Brookfield Construction (UK) Ltd v Mott MacDonald Ltd Instructed in the Wembley Stadium litigation as part of the counsel team for Brookfield (formerly Multiplex) in a professional negligence claim against the consultant engineers (with Finola O’Farrell Q.C, Vincent Moran and Paul Buckingham)
- British Telecommunications Plc Multiple actions for BT in respect of negligence claims for damages to telecommunications apparatus, wayleave actions and debt claims.
Seminars and Papers
- SCL Good Faith in Construction Contracts (Spring 2012)
- ‘The E. M. Forster talk – a Room with a View?’ (An Introduction to Rights to Light) 2010
Education and Professional Career
Pupillage, Keating Chambers
Called to the Bar (Gray’s Inn)
Nottingham Law School – BVC (Very Competent) L. LB (1st Class Hons)
Nottingham Law School - Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction)
Cambridge University, Jesus College – Natural Sciences M.A (1st Class Hons)
Keswick School, Cumbria
|Bedingfield Scholar, Gray’s Inn
Scholar, Jesus College, Cambridge
Exhibitioner, Jesus College, Cambridge
|2007 - 2008
2003 - 2004
2001 - 2002
Commercial Bar Association (COMBAR)
London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association (LCLCBA)
Technology and Construction Bar Association (TECBAR)
Sarah enjoys sailing, particularly in British waters, and has completed the shore-based RYA Coastal Skipper and Yachtmaster Offshore exams with Cambridge University Yachting.
She is also a keen amateur artist and was Treasurer to the Cambridge University Visual Arts Society.
If you would like to discuss ways in which Keating Chambers can assist you or your organisation, please contact Senior Clerk, Nick Child
, in the first instance, on +44(0)20 7544 2600. The teams of Clerks will be pleased to advise you on the member of Keating Chambers appropriate to your requirements.
Back to Barristers profiles